Should you utilize your Android smartphone and also will need to transfer huge files from the computer, the size of these files may make the process challenging. Compressing, or zipping, these files make the process simpler. But, you can’t zip or unzip those files in an Android if you don’t use a third-party program.
If your project demands that you simply send lots of big files, or if you simply need a simple way to send a high number of images to somebody, zip files are a necessity. This report demonstrates how to compress or decompress massive files in your Android smartphone with a program called RAR.
RAR is an unzipping tool manufactured from the men and women who created WinRAR, their Windows program for the identical function. Utilizing the cell program you may unpack files in RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO and ARJ formats. But, you may only record, or zip, files from RAR and ZIP formats.
Using this app will allow you to handle these types of files easily. The following steps show what you need to do.
How to Use RAR to unzip files in Android
- Download and install RAR from Play Store.
- Open the RAR app. It will take you directly to your files.
- Locate the directory that the file downloaded to. Tap the folder where the file resides.
- Click to put a checkmark next to the file to unzip.
- Tap the Extract button.
- Select the destination path you want by clicking the button and choosing an option. You can choose a different path by clicking Browse. You can also just use the default path.
- Tap OK.
The program will then display the file(s) that were in the ZIP folder.